Researchers reveal how your glasses may very well be leaking secrets and techniques and methods whereas on video calls, we take a look at latest information leaks involving Uber and Grand Theft Auto 6, and we take a look at threats that may very well be across the nook. the nook…
All this and far more is roofed within the newest model of the “Smashing Security” podcast from cybersecurity veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, who had been joined this week by The Register’s Iain Thomson.
Additionally, do not miss our featured interview with Sal Aurigemma, College Director of the Grasp of Science in Cyber Security program on the School of Tulsa.
Iain Thomson- @ainthomson
- “Iain Exotic,” Iain Thomson’s costumed tribute to Joe Exotic, the Tiger King – Twitter.
- “Private Eye: On the Limits of Textual Show display screen Peeking by way of Eyeglass Reflections in Video Conferencing” – Evaluate article by Yan Longy, Chen Yan, Shilin Xiao, Shivan Prasad, Wenyuan Xu, and Kevin Fu.
- “We saved you a seat in chat” – A pretty big textual content on the Twitch web site.
- Stalker obtained nearer to the eyes of the Japanese idol to seek out out the place she lived: Graham Cluley.
- Uber seeks more security personnel – Twitter.
- Uber explains the way it performed out this month, Lapsus$ gang factors out: The Register.
- Uber hacker *irritated* your media in your neighborhood, stole inner paperwork: Graham Cluley.
- Safety substitute – Uber.
- Grand Theft Auto 6 maker confirms provide code and flicks stolen in cyber heist: The Register.
- Cybersecurity Consciousness Month – CISA.
- The Scary Manner Ahead For The Internet: How Tomorrow’s Know-how Will Pose Even Larger Cybersecurity Threats – ZDNet.
- US authorities spend billions on cybersecurity: Hacker Info.
- The Mitchells vs The Machines trailer – YouTube.
- The Mitchells vs. the Machines – Netflix.
- NASA is ready to deflect an asteroid with its DART: New Scientist spacecraft.
- DART’s Small Companion Satellite tv for pc TV for Laptop Takes Off Earlier than Print: NASA.
- Search and uncover UK defibrillator areas close to you now – HeartSafe.
- Apply for Partially Funded Public Entry Defibrillator: British Coronary Coronary heart Basis.
- Defibrillator info for first-time clients: St John’s Ambulance.
- Each faculty might have a life-saving defibrillator by 22/23 – Gov.UK.
- Smashing Security merchandising (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and different themes)
- Pentera – Pentera’s automated safety validation platform is designed to assist teams enhance their safety posture in opposition to trendy threats throughout their total assault space. Assess your safety readiness with ongoing, ongoing self-testing with granular visibility into each run together with one of the simplest ways.
- Kolide: The SaaS app that sends workers well timed, important safety ideas associated to their Mac, Home windows, and Linux gadgets, proper inside Slack.
- Bitwarden: password safety you may consider. Bitwarden is an open supply password supervisor trusted by tens of tens of millions of individuals, teams, and organizations world wide to securely retailer and share passwords.
Attend this technique:
You possibly can assist the podcast by telling your pals and colleagues about “Smashing Security” and by leaving us an outline of Apple Podcasts or Podchaser.
Grow to be a Patreon supporter to get ad-free episodes and our early launch stream!
Comply with the current on Twitter at @SmashinSecurityor on the Smashing Security subreddit, or go to our web site for extra episodes.
Musical theme: “Vinyl Reminiscences” by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assortment of sound outcomes: AudioBlocks.
Has this textual content caught your consideration? Follow Graham Cluley on Twitter to study extra concerning the unique content material we publish.